Jewellery Classes – Frequently Asked Questions
- What if I have some jewellery experience already, but want to do a class?
- What if I am interested in silversmithing and not just jewellery?
- What will materials for the jewellery classes cost?
- What about gemstones, can I use them in the classes?
What if I have some jewellery experience already, but want to do a class?
If you have already done jewellery classes (with us, or elsewhere) you can start on what ever projects are relevant to your interests and skill level. With only 6 people in a class and freedom of choice on projects; most classes have mixed experience levels which works well.
What if I am interested in silversmithing and not just jewellery?
While most of our formal training and experience is in jewellery making we have some knowledge and experience of silversmithing techniques and with the help of some excellent resources we can certainly work on silversmithing projects if that’s an area of interest to you.
What will materials for the jewellery classes cost?
Most of your projects will be made in sterling silver which we will supply for you. (Gold can be used once you have some experience if you choose). The price of silver changes often, and the project weights vary depending on what styles and sizes you choose but as a guide the materials for the first three projects are likely to cost as follows:
- Project 1 (handmade silver ring) approx $10 to $15
- Project 2 (saw pierced pendant) approx $20
- Project 3 (link bracelet) approx $25 to $55
What about gemstones, can I use them in the classes?
As you progress through different projects you may like to work with some gemstones. We have a selection of gemstones for you to use if you want to include them in your pieces, and we can order all sorts of different gemstones if we don’t have what you are looking for in stock. Gemstones range in price greatly but some of the semi precious ones are very inexpensive so there is something for everyone’s budget.
More questions, answers coming soon!
- Do you buy old jewellery – or where can I sell it – what else do I do with it?
- How should I clean my jewellery?
- Do you have a returns and exchange policy?
- Will your silver jewellery tarnish?
- Is all of your jewellery made on site and all of your repairs done on site?
- Do you do jewellery valuations?
- What should I do about insurance for my jewellery?
- Do you create jewellery in platinum?
- How much would it cost to custom make a jewellery piece for me?
- How long will my custom order take?
- Do you do wholesale orders?
- I am a job seeker… How do I become a jeweller?